Sunday, March 31, 2013

Adventures in Work


The best thing that has happened to me in the last year was losing my previous job. So many doors have opened for me! I have always loved the IT field, but in my new position at this company, I love it even more. I am learning and doing so much more than I ever would have had the opportunity to do in my previous position. I'm thankful that I went to work there in 2005 but I'm even more thankful that I was forced to move on in 2012. I have a lot more responsibility and the pace is a lot quicker. It has been an adjustment, but a good one. I'm a lot happier.

My latest adventure in my new job is travel. On Tuesday they are sending me to Israel! The company I work for acquired a company in the Tel Aviv area. They have not yet been integrated into our network so I am going over there to do some preparation for that. I'm excited to meet the people face to face with whom I talk on a weekly basis. I know it will be a lot of work, but it's going to be fun.

Since I was a little girl, I have dreamed of visiting Israel and seeing the historical and religious sites there. I'll be there for 2 weekends, so I plan on joining some tour groups to see the sites. (I'm not planning on doing much solo exploring unless it's a restaurant down the street from my apartment.) I hear the food is really good and that there are neat art and jewelry shopping areas. I can't wait to pick up some gifts for Ryan, Nathan, Abby, Mom, Jon, and Nancy.


2 comments:

Brook said...

I can't wait to hear about your adventures! What an exciting opportunity!

I love when a curveball turns out to take us down the best path at the right time. xoxo

marla said...

SO. EXCITED. FOR YOU!!

what an adventure. i stayed in tel aviv one night -- i had no idea it was on the ocean. (embarrassing) the little fishies bit my feet and i got freaked out and ran out of the ocean. i hope you get to do MANY COOL TOURS!! trip of a lifetime!! xooox