Thursday, September 13, 2012

Living in the Wild, Wild West


Back in July while we were touring around the Wild, Wild West, our family was struck with a fervent desire to have old timey photos taken. We passed store after store with artfully displayed pictures of grim-looking families. They wore cowboy hats, chaps, feather boas, and garters while holding guns and fans and other sundries. Their eyes bore holes into our souls and beckoned us to join the ranks of the old fashioned picture club.

It looked like so much fun!

Mr. Bargain Hunter (aka Dad, also aka Ryan) checked prices at each photo shop and looked critically at the props and poses. None of them seemed like a good deal and some of the costumes and props were just downright cheap. We didn't want to spend a lot of money on something we would be dissatisfied with. Eventually we gave up on the idea and were about to head out of town to drive 4 hours to our next destination (Sioux Falls, SD) when Ryan spotted just the right place.

The result? These delightful pictures!

Mom and Dad


The boys


The girls


The kiddos


It really was tons of fun to dress up, choose props, select a background, and be posed by the photographers. They took tons of shots and these were our favorites.

Believe it or not, after all this, I actually lost our prints. No, seriously, I did. Can you believe it?! I can't tell you how sick I have been about it. I tore our house apart about 3 different times looking for them. The best I can guess is that perhaps I accidentally picked them up with the newspapers that we recycle and threw them into the recycle bin. I just don't know where else they could be. It will always be a mystery.

Anyway, I finally called the studio that took our pictures and very shame-facedly (is that a word?) explained what had happened. Bless their hearts, they reprinted the photos and sent them to me for half price. Now they are back in our possession, safe and sound, and I have scanned them to boot. They will never be lost again!

1 comment:

V.a.n.e.s.s.a said...

So glad it worked out!